Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Taper Time?


Cresting the top of the Laguna Seca racetrack's main climb...


Test-riding the coolest bike at the Sea Otter expo...

With three weeks to go until Ironman Couer d'Alene, it is officially
Taper Time. That doesn't mean I am going to be training less, but instead
I will shorten the long run and long ride and increase the intensity on the
hard days. Recovering in between these tougher sessions is the "secret sauce" in
my training plan. In the past I never had the discipline to allow myself to recover
from long or hard sessions, which of course stalls improvement or worse, leads to debilitating over-training syndrome.

I am throwing in a few random shots from this year's Sea Otter Classic in Monterrey, where I competed in the Circuit Race on the Laguna Seca track. Definitely one of the "funnest" bike races I have ever done. I missed the break on the last lap, but managed to finish without crashing which was my main goal!

No comments: