Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009





Navy SEAL Neil Roberts



...Roberts himself said, in a letter he left for his wife to open in the event of his death,

“I consider myself blessed with the best things a man could hope for. My childhood is something I’ll always treasure. My family is the reason I’m the person I am today. They supported and cared for me in the best way possible.”

“The Navy, although I sacrificed personal freedom and many other things, I got just as much as I gave. My time in the Teams was special. For all the times I was cold, wet, tired, sore, scared, hungry and angry, I had a blast. The bad was balanced equally with the good.”

“All the times spent in the company of my teammates was when I felt the closest to the men I had the privilege to work with. I loved being a SEAL. If I died doing something for the Teams, then I died doing what made me happy. Very few people have the luxury of that.”


Navy SEAL Michael Monsoor


“The men who were there that day say they could see the options flicker across Michael Mansoor’s face: save himself or save the men he had long considered brothers. He chose them.”


If you would like to contribute to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, click
HERE.

No comments: