Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ironman Coeur d'Alene



After the California 70.3 Half Ironman, I signed up for Ironman Coeur d'Alene with the goal of a sub-10 hour performance and qualifying slot for the Hawaii Ironman.

Everything I do between now and June 20th will be designed to
make me faster and smarter on race day. I have a crack team
of training partners, coaches, mentors and sponsors to help me achieve
my goal. It also doesn't hurt to bring along almost 20 years of endurance sport racing in my 33 year old legs.

I am calling it Operation Aloha and I am pulling out all the stops this time. I have done two full Ironman races in the past, Ironman Florida in 1999, and Ironman Wisconsin in 2003. This time I mean business. I figure I will need to show up in sub-1 hour swim, sub-5 hour 112 mile bike, and sub-3 hour marathon run shape if I hope to smartly pace it as a 1:00 swim, 5:10+ bike, and 3:20+ run. I believe I am almost there right now, so the next 11 weeks are about avoiding injury and 'nudging' up my fitness level with specific preparation, volume, and recovery.

Competing in the Hawaii Ironman has been my #1 goal since I started racing triathlons back in Indiana at 16 years old.

Stay tuned!

ALSO

Photos from Ironman 70.3 California are up...there are always a couple embarassing ones. This race was no exception. There are also usually snapshots of running form that I tend to over-scrutinize. Am I the only one who does this?

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?51861796

1 comment:

Slater Fletcher said...

Go Operation Aloha!!

Your pictures are pretty cool but I must say you look like a girl in a few of them ;-)